Queens College is a member of the East Coast Conference, NCAA Division II,
and any job postings within the department can be found on this page.
Internship Announcement – Athletic Communications
Position: Athletic Communications Intern
Organization: Queens College - Athletics Immediate Openings
Start Date: Immediately
Time Required: Various
Number of Openings: Always Open
Queens College is the only college in the City University of New York and State University of New York system that participates in highly competitive NCAA Division II athletics and the only CUNY College that provides athletic scholarships. Queens College student-athletes compete on 17 Division II varsity teams; 16 of 17 compete in the East Coast Conference.
ROLE OF THE POSITION: Ever wanted to be a sports writer? How about a sports photographer or video-camera operator? Are you good with video editing softwares? The Department of Athletics is seeking to create a team of skilled students who wish to enhance their love of athletics of to further their work portfolios for potential employment in the future. New York City is a mega-market home to some of the world’s greatest sports franchises and media conglomerates and the QC Department of Athletics seeks to utilize some of your talents to help us with covering our sports teams in the most effective ways possible.
What can you do as an athletic communications intern?
- Write game recaps and daily press releases on award nominations, game previews and general goings-on with the department.
- Assist in set-up of game-day software and live-steam QC home games plus break down and edit highlight videos to utilize on our website including the full understanding of video camera and streaming software.
- Learn Stat Crew, the statistical software used for live stats, in an easygoing and friendly environment with on-the-job training.
- Work on graphic design capabilities with the use of the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop to create graphics for social media and game-day programs.
- Serve as the public address announcer for various events in front of the QC fans.
- Take photos of the teams in action on game day for use in all of our social media campaigns and other initiatives.
ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS: This is an internship for anyone and everyone! Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduate students…whether you can earn college credit or not. If you're passionate about sports, that's great! If you have camera experience, wonderful! Even if you don't and want to learn, you're more than welcome to come and try new things for yourself!
To apply (if earning college credit), submit Cover Letter and Resume to Director of Athletics Communications Rick Rissetto at Richard.email@example.com or to the Varsity Athletics Office in Fitzgerald Hall Room 204. All other applicants can stop by the Varsity Athletics Office in Fitzgerald Hall Room 204 and express interest.