Saturday Education and Recreation Program
Grades K - 8
Please note: Registration is COMPLETE when a $50 registration fee is received. Payments must be submitted over the phone, in person or through the mail.
Fall 2012: October 13, 20, 27; November 3, 10, 17; December 1, 8 - NO Class Nov 24.
Designated Snow Day (only if a session is canceled) Dec 15.
Winter 2013: January 12, 19, 26; February 2, 9, 16; March 2, 9. NO Class Feb. 23
Designated Snow Day (only if a session is canceled) March 16
Spring 2013: March 23, 30; April 6, 13, 20, 27; May 4, 11 - Open through Spring Break
FEES: Half Day: $350
Full Day: $500
S.A.T. Prep: $400 (college entrance exam test prep)
The S.A.T. Prep is a 6 week
Click here for the CAMPUS MAP for the location of the program on Saturdays.
How can the Queens College Saturday Program benefit your child?
We offer a full-day program from 9 am to 3 pm for children in grades K - 8 consisting of Education and Recreation components.
- The morning will include two Education Classes: ELA (English Language Arts) and Math.
- An enrichment class consisting of Art, Science and Computers will be offered.
- Snack will be provided.
- Bring your own bagged lunch.
- Fitness through exercise and nutrition will take place in the afternoon.
This program provides the perfect opportunity to reinforce the concepts described in the Common Core State Standards through mini-lessons and small group activities in Reading, Writing, and Math.
- Our ELA (English language Arts) Program will focus on the concepts described in the Common Core State Standards and will include using skill-based practice, genre studies, and responses to literature. We encourage children to predict, analyze, comprehend, and develop graphic organizers.
- As established in the Common Core State Standards, our Math Programs will include skill-based practice and problem-solving using real-world situations. We will encourage children to use critical thinking, reasoning, and a variety of strategies to solve problems.
We look forward to helping your child develop a positive attitude toward learing.
To view the Saturday Program Brochure, HERE!!!
For more information or to register, call us at 718-997-2759 or e-mail Rebecca.Girard@qc.cuny.edu .