Queens College Summer Camp 2016
WEDNESDAY, June 29th - TUESDAY, August 23rd, 2016
Closed Monday, July 4th
This summer, children ages 5 - 14 will enjoy exciting, fun-filled days at the Queens College Sports and Education Programs. Located on our beautifully landscaped 77-acre campus with new tennis courts and playing fields, our programs offer instruction in a number of different activities. A staff of certified instructors - aided by college students experienced in sports and education - will help your child learn new activities, improve other skills, and have an unforgettable summer. An Athletic Trainer will be on duty at all times for first-aid needs.
- An Early-Start Schedule beginning at 8 am is available for those who need early drop off. NO BUS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE IN THE MORNING FOR THIS PROGRAM. There is a $25/week charge for an 8am start.
- An Extended-Day Programis available until 5 pm. You must choose a code that goes until 5 pm for the extended-day program. There is a $25/week charge for children staying from 4pm-5pm.
- Arrival - Campers should arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- Lunch- Meals are free and provided by USDA through the NYC Department of Education School Food Program. Grab-N-Go Breakfast is provided to all upon arrival, and snacks are offered during the day.
- Program T-Shirts - It is advised that program T-shirts be worn every day. Each child receives one free T-shirt and a water bottle. Additional shirts may be purchased in the program store during June (you will be notified of dates) and throughout the summer.
- Bus Service - Most of our campers are dropped off and picked up by their parents. Bus transportation is available for an additional fee; call our office at 718-997-2777 for more information.
- Inclement Weather - We will have modified activities on very hot days and indoor activities on rainy days.
QC Education and Sports Program
Ages 5 - 14
This program provides enrichment for youngsters who wish to develop talents and interests outside their regular schools. Faculty members have been selected for their ability to communicate the joy of learning to young students and to promote invention, creativity, and self-expression. All indoor classes are in air-conditioned classrooms. For the 5 & 6 year olds we offer QC KinderKamp, with small groups supervised by caring counselors. This program is combined with a half-day of Sports activities.
Class Code Schedules:
All Day Sports Academy
Ages 5 - 14
Queens College facilities are among the best in the city. The spacious Fitzgerald Gym houses an Olympic-standard pool and basketball courts. Outdoor facilities include NEW tennis courts, NEW softball fields, and soccer fields. Children ages 9 to 14 can choose a major/minor program that allows them to concentrate on one sport while experiencing a number of different sports, too.
For the CLASS CODE SCHEDULE click HERE.
Little Theatre & Theatre Production Program
Ages 5 - 14
Do you enjoy acting? Like to dance? Are you artistic - can you create scenery and costumes? Or would you rather go behind the scenes and become a stage manager? This program will teach campers the many different aspects to creating a successful musical play. Theatre Production will stimulate your child's imagination while building valuable traits such as self-esteem and confidence as we put together a musical for parents and peers to see! Past shows have included Annie, The Wizard of Oz, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, and more! But if you're not ready for a full day of theatre, check out the smaller half-day productions in the Education & Sports Program. One might be just right for you!
For the July and August THEATRE PRODUCTION SESSION CODES, click HERE.
You can reach us by phone at 718-997-2777 or by emailing : QC.SummerCamp@qc.cuny.edu